Air Conditioning biased engineer working on multiple sites undertaking planned preventative maintenance (PPM), fault finding and repair of VRV/VRF and Split air conditioning systems.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out planned and reactive maintenance as instructed by the Service Co-ordinators. Including, but not limited to fault finding, test, repair and preventative maintenance of VRV, Split and CRAC systems. If required it would be expected of you to complete other air conditioning duties in support of the rest of the team.
- To close / update completed PPM tasks on the mobile task management system.
- Ensure engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operation effectiveness and reliability of the plant and associated systems.
- To co-ordinate specialist sub-contractor’s requirements both for PPM and reactive works.
- To ensure company QA and site procedures are adhered to in all aspects.
- Ensure Company & Site, Health & Safety procedures are always followed.
- Maintain accurate job records/documentation in association with all site works.
- Be part of a call out rota and when required attend site emergencies, outside of normal working hours.
- Carry out tasks within typical building environments associated with air conditioning systems.
- If required to complete tasks at high level, working from platforms, desk surfers, tower scaffolding and ladders. All access equipment and PPE and any required training will be provided.
- Keep and maintain all company issued tools in a safe and serviceable manner.
- To proactively work towards the continued success and support of the contract with a positive approach.
- Complete any other associated task requested by the management.
This job description sets out the main duties of the post at the date when it was completed. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed.
- City & Guilds/NVQ – Air conditioning and Refrigeration.
- City & Guilds Refrigerant, Safe Handling OR equivalent.
- City & Guilds/NVQ – Building Services Engineering or Electrical Installation/Maintenance or equivalent.
- 18th Edition IET.
- Time served apprenticeship or equivalent training.
- A demonstrable knowledge of the refrigeration cycle.
- Minimum 5 years practical experience within the air conditioning and refrigeration industry.
- Strong service / fault finding / repair background.
- Strong electrical knowledge.
- Proven experience with VRV/VRF + Split Systems.
- Competent working on a variety of manufacturers makes/models I.E DAIKIN, MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC, LG, SAMSUNG, PANASONIC, SANYO, and TOSHIBA.
- Previous experience of working within a team.
- Excellent customer service.
- Closed control system service / fault finding / repair experience advantageous.
- Service software competency advantageous (Daikin Service checker/MEUK Monitoring Tool)
- Knowledge and use of computer software – Microsoft Office, Building Management System.
- HVAC & Building Services Engineering experience.
Personal Aptitudes and Skills
- Smart appearance, presentable.
- Logical thinker in fault finding situations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working within a team environment. Able to contribute to group success whilst willingly following instructions of others.
- Able to work unsupervised.
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work requirements, willing to accept change.
- Customer focused.
- Willing to volunteer help.
- Clean driving licence.
- Resides geographically near to stated job location and available for call out.
- Compliant to company HR policies.
- Compliant to company’s smoking, alcohol and drugs policy.
- The successful candidate will be required to adopt a flexible approach to working hours to suit the needs of the service industry. This will require work at weekends and in the evenings. Overtime will be paid for work completed outside normal working hours.
- Salary – dependant on capabilities and experience
- Attendance Bonus
- Pension Contribution
Click the button below to apply for this job. Please include a copy of your CV.
And there’s a PDF version of this page if you’d like to print it out.